Mosiah 4:9-10

Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend. And again, believe that ye must repent of your sins and forsake them, and humble yourselves before God; and ask in sincerity of heart that he would forgive you; and now, if you believe all these things, see that you de them. Mosiah 4:9-10

Monday, March 7, 2016

9 more weeks in Kowloon!! - Week 30

Hello Everyone!

I can't believe how fast time is going, it seems like I was just doing emails a day ago, and the week has already flown by! I get another 9 weeks here in Kowloon, didn't get moved 2 weeks ago, which is really nice! I have moved every move so far, so it is nice to really keep the momentum in our area, and keep working with the same people. No one in our district moved which is great! There are great things happening in our branch right now, I can really feel the work hastening here, everyone is just working so hard and doing great in our branch!
Elder's Grayam and Woolley at the top of Lion's Peak

A view of Ryan's first area - Tolo Harbour

Elders Fung and Woolley at Lion's Peak


We had a powerful lesson with Jason this last week, he has some doubts and fears, I think most of which come from his family which might not really support him, and a fear that he may not know enough, but we had a great lesson and the help of a really great member, and the Spirit was able to comfort him through us. We were able to set him another baptismal date for April 3rd! What a great b-day present for me! But I really think that this date will stick. the work around the world has been emphasizing teaching repentance, and baptizing true converts. I really think that this set back for Jason was an excellent opportunity for his faith to be tried, and it seems that he is becoming stronger than ever! We had a lesson in the lobby of the temple, and the Spirit was so powerful, We all unmistakably knew that this is Jason's time to fully come unto Christ. I'm excited for him! He says he has gotten so much happier, optimistic, and even more social from the gospel. It really does bless all aspects of life!

We have an investigator named Edward Zhou, he has been investigating for a really long time, and has made not to much progress spiritually, but has learned lots of information. These past two weeks I have seen one of the most dramatic changes in a person in my mission. At the beginning of my time here, and for the long months before, he was always quite stubborn, always referring to the mainland way of life, thinking, how the society works there, and how he could not possibly accept all the things we were teaching as truths, though he was always very respectful. I often left lessons with him a little frustrated, we could never seem to be getting him to progress. And then we met with him last week. Something in his countenance seemed different. He seemed brighter, happier. We shared a simple message of the importance of daily reading the scriptures and praying, daily 'feeding' ourselves spiritually. He was so happy with our message, he said Elders I have been reading and praying and I feel that I am on the right path! I have a desire to have these things for my family! I was pretty shocked. Then this week we taught a lesson on raising a family in the gospel. He has an adorable little daughter named Shirley, she is 4, and often comes to our lessons. We taught about the gospel blessing families. He talked of some family stresses lately, and I knew that we had shared exactly what he needed to hear, and that the Spirit had touched him. To close the lesson he sat his little daughter on his lap, and had her repeat the sentences of his prayer as he prayed to help her learn. It was one of the sweetest and most touching prayers I have ever heard. He was so sincere in simply desiring to know the truth, and desiring the best for his family. The Gospel blesses families. I know that to be true. And I know that it is as the scriptures say, the Lord,by small and simple things causes great things to come to pass. Daily prayer and scripture study changed him, it's as simple as that.
Cute chubbers!

Mainland baptisms!



So exciting to see the work progress for our mainlanders
Elder Stevenson visited our mission two weeks ago and bore the most powerful testimony I have ever heard. The Spirit just filled the room it was amazing, and what he said was so simple, yet filled with real conviction and was a real witness of things he knows. It reminded me again how simple we can be, and how powerful a simple, but real testimony is. I will never forget the feeling that the room had as he bore his testimony on the reality of a Savior, and the reality of his restored Gospel on this Earth again.

Quick last thought, I was reading in the scriptures some of the teachings of Jesus, and I really was struck by a verse in John 13:35, "By this shall men know, that ye are my disciples, if ye have love, one to another." It is an often quoted verse, with good reason, it has so much meaning. When Jesus came he really established a new law, and new way of thinking for the people, it wasn't so much about what was outwardly done or shown, but rather on the condition of the hearts of his followers. In the end it is about how much we have loved, it's about where our desires, where our heart is. A true disciple of Christ loves, not as man loves, but as Christ loves. Everything we do to improve ourselves is to be able to try and see and love others as he did, to truly have his charity. I love the Lord's mission and I love Hong Kong!

I hope everyone has the best week this week! I can't believe it's already March!

Love,
Elder Woolley

No comments:

Post a Comment