Mosiah 4:9-10

Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend. And again, believe that ye must repent of your sins and forsake them, and humble yourselves before God; and ask in sincerity of heart that he would forgive you; and now, if you believe all these things, see that you de them. Mosiah 4:9-10

Monday, February 29, 2016

What a roller coaster of a week- Week 29

Helloooo everyone!!
I have had an absolute rollercoaster of a week, I don't even know where to start!
Our recent convert gave a really eloquent talk in church this last sunday, I actually struggled to ting de dong some portions of it, it was very eloquent, but he is so solid, he gave us a shoutout in the end, said we were his best friends. It brought tears to my eyes! It is so true the joy of bringing a soul unto christ! I love seeing him grow in faith and love of the Gospel. He is such a stud, wheres our matching suit to church every week haha.

We had another amazing street contact this last week, and it came at a time where I was in a grumpy mood one day. I don't know why but I just woke up so grumpy, and couldn't seem to shake it off, we were finding and not having any success, so I kinda just stopped trying so hard. Then I turn around and my companion is talking to this random guy, and I went over to talk to him, and the guy seemed super interested. I was still annoyed for some reason, but we invited him to go with us to this park and listen to a little more, which he gladly accepted. My mood began to change a little, and we sat down with him and taught him the Restoration of the gospel. It fell to me to recite the first vision, and I paused, thinking about my terrible attitude, and was just so disappointed in myself for being so selfish that I would deny anyone of hearing this amazing message, and was so proud of my companion for listening to the Spirit and talking to him. Then I forgot about myself, and recited the words of Joseph Smith. The spirit was so powerful and I got to bear real testimony to him that I know Joseph Smith's words are true, he did see God the Father and Jesus Christ, and they did speak to him. He listened quietly and then proceeded to tell us how he was supposed to be in Taiwan today, but because of flight complications he was stuck here, he was alone and was just wandering around, and we were the first people to talk to him. He has a Christian background, and said that he believed it was from God that we ran into him, and I believe it too. He said, maybe it's my time to learn these things. We testified that it was, and he left us with a Book of Mormon in hand and a smile on his face. He lives in Taiwan, I gave his info to Elder Hammond, and I'm excited to see the outcome! I know God guides us, I feel as if I have had too many experiences like this too not just always try my hardest to talk with everyone, but sometimes I let myself or bad attitude get in the way. But I know  that He loves us, wants our happiness, and happiness for others, so my job is to just let myself really become a tool for that. It is the most satisfying work.


Our week went down a bit when our buddy Jason, who was supposed to be baptized this week, texted us saying his father would prefer him not to get baptized right now. He is one of our best friends out here, my heart dropped when I read that text, but I know we have been preparing him to face a little bit of opposition. He has really amazing faith and has accepted everything! He has really felt the peace and happiness of the gospel enter his life. So I know that this moment is definitely not an end to his progression, but will give him some more time till he will be baptized. I think it will be a good time for us to help him truly get a testimony of Christ, and we will baptize someone who has truly repented and come unto Christ. We will be meeting him soon, I feel everything will be good with him! His faith and spiritual experiences are too strong to not overcome this trial. We have a mainland baptism on Sunday after church, and he was going around telling everyone that his was next week, and was so excited! So I know the desire and faith will overcome this speed bump.

The mission is a constant rollercoaster of lessons I feel like. We had an amazing meeting this weekend that really inspired me about our mission and the work we do especially with all of our brothers and sisters in the mainland. When I think of those billion living there, it makes me so sad to think that so few of them really understand the simple truths that bless us every day. I'm grateful to be able to help some of them get to understand the simple, yet comforting truth that we are children of a heavenly father, a God, who loves us. Not an unknown form in the universe, or energy, but a very really Father. Since I was young and at every mainland baptism I have been a part of we always sing I am a Child of God, it's their favorite! I used to think that song was so repetitive, until I pondered the significance of the simple yet wonderful title of the song, I am a Child of God, and our plea in the chorus, Lead me, guide me, walk beside me, help me find the way, teach me all that I must do, to live with him some day. The truths of eternity are taught in that simple childs song. God will lead us, guide us, our Savior walks beside us, and in the end, we may all live with him again as eternal families. I love my family, and I am so inexpressibly grateful towards our Father in Heaven for creating us this plan, and towards Jesus Christ, a Savior, through whom all these wonderful things are possible. I am grateful I can be with my family forever, grateful that death is not goodbye, is not an end, not some obscure darkness, but a clear, bright, celestial transition to eternity with our Father. I know these things are true, and I am glad that I have learned these things from wonderful parents who once told a bunch of crying woolley children in San Francisco that we would all see Gong gong again, and live with him. Families truly are forever.

Thank you all for everything! Love, miss, and pray for you all!

Elder Woolley

No comments:

Post a Comment