Mosiah 4:9-10

Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend. And again, believe that ye must repent of your sins and forsake them, and humble yourselves before God; and ask in sincerity of heart that he would forgive you; and now, if you believe all these things, see that you de them. Mosiah 4:9-10

Friday, February 12, 2016

Happy New Year!!! - Week 26

Da Jia Gong Xi Fa Cai and Gong Hay Fat Choy!

Happy Chinese New Year everybody!  It is now the year of the monkey!  I hope everyone had a great week!  Also, shout out to the Broncos - let's go!  Our prayers go out to the people and my mission friends on Taiwan.  I hope everyone is ok from the earthquake!

We had a very eventful week and a half!  Chinese New Year has been crazy!  All of our investigators, but one, went out of town for a few weeks, and a ton of the members as well, so it has been quite hard on us, but we know that there are stable families that we are meant to find in the mean time!  There were some crazy riots here in Mong Kok, right outside our apartment, too.  We were out for morning exercise when there was suddenly a lot of noise and smoke and people running everywhere, so we quickly headed back to the apartment and waited for it to all settle out, but no worries, everything is ok!

On Tuesday right after the last time I emailed, we ha a mainland visitor schedule last minute the day after, so Elder Grayam and I taught all the lessons, but we also has scheduled our investigator, Yang Kai, a lesson and his baptismal interview, and then another investigator that night, so it was a bit of a marathon day.  We taught our investigator, then Yang Kai, then I went to interview the other visitors while Elder Sy interviewed Yang Kai, then we had our mainland baptismal service, and then our last lesson cancelled, which was almost a relief because I think I was far too tired to teach anymore haha.  But the lessons went great, and we had a powerful meeting with them!  Our buddy came from Sichuan all by himself even though he is still in high school an is the only member of his family!  He was super polite and humble, as they always are.  I'm sure you all know by now, but I absolutely love working with them, and an always uplifted by their humility and courage.  It is a privilege to be a district leader in this area and to interview all of them.  They all teach me so much!

As we found, Elder Grayam and I really prayed hard to find a family here, and had a few great experiences!  We were in a big park for about an hour doing a lap, and everyone was just saying mdahan in cantonese and we just couldn't talk to anyone or find any mandarins.  We were on our way down the stairs to leave when I caught sight of a lady sitting on a bench.  I just kept walking, but for some reason the image of her on the bench wouldn't leave my mind, and I felt like I should go talk to her.  So I stopped and said we should go back  and talk to her.  It was a little uncomfortable because she was sitting with earphones in, but we approached and started talking to her, and it was miraculous!  She was from Hubei, in China, and was really happy to talk to us!  She was talking about how she wanted to find some friends from mainland here in Hong Kong, and how she misses home a lot.  Her family was with her here, but she was definitely homesick.  It was so amazing, I knew the Spirit had prompted me to go talk to her and to give her comfort from her Father in Heaven.  The best moments of the mission are the moments when I have truly felt that I am being an instrument in the Lord's hands to bless his children.  I don't know what her future holds with us, but I am glad that I was able to heed that prompting, and I know that our Father in Heaven answers our prayers.  Something my mission president says is Heavenly Father is just a prayer away.  It is that simple, yet sometimes we let it get so complicated or involve so much more, but in the end, our Father in Heaven is only a simple prayer away, for anyone, and He is ever so willing to hear from the children that He loves.

Our zone conference was really great, and there is so much more that has happened since the last time, but I just don't have anymore time!  So it'll have to wait til Monday.  Until then, take care everyone!  I love you all and you are in my prayers!!

Love,

Elder Woolley

Elder Grayam ready to baptize Yang Kai!

No comments:

Post a Comment