Mosiah 4:9-10

Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend. And again, believe that ye must repent of your sins and forsake them, and humble yourselves before God; and ask in sincerity of heart that he would forgive you; and now, if you believe all these things, see that you de them. Mosiah 4:9-10

Tuesday, March 15, 2016

Happy Missionaries - Week 31

Da jia haooo!

The weeks just come and go so fast, time really just seems to be a blur here in the Kowloon Area! I am so happy to be here and just keep building momentum in the area, and especially within the branch! We had a pretty tough week this week, it seems like everything just was working against this week, and Saturday we had 4 lessons cancel, and I was pretty bummed. It can be hard to always be positive and enthusiastic within hard weeks, but we find a way to always love the work. I was in a bit of down state about all these people we are working with, I love them so much and it just is straining when they are not progressing, or I am unable to meet with them, or it seems as if everything in the world is going against them progressing, when I read the scripture in 3 Nephi 18:32 .."For unto such shall ye continue to minister; for ye know not but what they will return and repent, and come unto me with full purpose of heart, and I will heal them; and ye shall be the means of bringing salvation unto them." What an amazing verse! We continue to minister unto the people that we love, we don't give up, tire out, or doubt, because we never can know but what they will return and repent. When they do so Christ will heal them, as he has healed us in this process, and it is a gift given to us, his servants and disciples, to be the means of bringing salvation unto them. What an inspiring verse of scripture. I know God speaks to us through the words of his prophets both ancient and modern. I know it is my duty and my joy to continue to minister the people, to love the Lord's investigators, my companion, my district, the branch, and to help all to come unto the Lord so that they can allow him to heal them. All we have to do is be the means, to help people realize that they can simply use their agency to choose to be healed! There is no greater work than this.

Jason is doing so well this week, he loves to pray and feels the peace os it, sometimes when we call him at night he asks to pray with us over the phone, which is a great way to help him feel the Spirit as often as possible! He wants to be baptized, we shared a powerful lesson on the Savior with him, and he told us that his father doesn't support his desire to get baptized. I really didn't know what to say, other than tell him I know that the Redeemer lives, and more importantly, I know that he knows the Redeemer lives. We can only pray for a change of heart in his Father, and for Jason to have the faith and courage to follow his Redeemer in the face of such intimate adversity. I have faith that it will all be ok in the end. I translated the quote to him "it will all be ok in the end; and if it's not ok, then it's not the end." He really seemed to feel the truth of it. I know it will be ok in the end with him.

Our other investigators are progressing slowly, we are continuing to teach them the simple gospel truths, and continue to minister unto and nourish them. They all have great potential!

I have been preparing a training for my district and I am really happy with the topic that the Zone Leaders assigned, which is always having the name of Christ on our lips. I can't talk about that topic enough, I talk about him every week in my letters, and every day on the street, and it's because he is why we are here. His Atonement changes lives, I have seen it. Saying even his name in sincere testimony changes lessons and attitudes, I have seen it. Yet sometimes amidst all the lessons and doctrines and info it the true conviction and passion can be lost. Sometimes I just say a testimony or teach a lesson and don't truly feel it at the moment or don't make the needed connection between the lesson info/ doctrine, the person's life, and Savior's role in it all. I thought about that a lot. I asked myself, every time I teach, every time I bear testimony, do I really have that testimony, the conviction in what I am saying? Do I bear real testimony of the Lord Jesus Christ every time I say his name?

3 points came to mind with this idea.
1. "Except ye be converted" (Matthew 18:3): Our personal conversion to the Savior, to have his name "written always on your heart" (mosiah 5:12), We have to have our own testimony!
2. Be thou an Example! have his image "engraven upon our countenances" (Alma 5:19). "Our lives should be a confession of Christ" -Elder Christofferson 
3.Testify of Him! To "Hold up your light that it may shine unto the world. Behold I (Jesus Christ) am the light which ye shall hold up.." (3 Nephi 18:24)
Everyday is an opportunity to hold up the light to all, and to invite everyone to come and see clearer,l and to feel of it's warmth! I love testifying of my Savior, and I hope that I can always testify with sincerity and conviction. I love the Lord's mission with all my heart. I love the people I serve, and I love the Lord whom I serve. I think being on my mission has been a time when I have constantly felt true happiness, as Ghandi said "happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony." We as missionaries are so happy because we think say and do the gospel of christ 24/7 for 2 years! What a blessing it is. Sorry for a bit of a ramble and all the quotes and scriptures today I don't have any time to compose myself haha

Thanks for the encouragement, advice, and support from everyone!

LOVE,
Elder Woolley 胡/伍长老 :-)
中国的朋友:



在一次太美了!





No comments:

Post a Comment