Mosiah 4:9-10

Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend. And again, believe that ye must repent of your sins and forsake them, and humble yourselves before God; and ask in sincerity of heart that he would forgive you; and now, if you believe all these things, see that you de them. Mosiah 4:9-10

Sunday, June 26, 2016

Language change!! - week 46

HELLOOOO!!
This week was a really crazy week, but one of the best weeks of my mission! 
First things, I got a surprise move in the middle of the week, switched over to Cantonese work in the Sham Shui Po ward! It was a big surprise, I'me excited to work with a strong ward, but the language switch will be a little challenging. 

I am really sad to leave Kowloon Mandarin, it was a huge period of growth for me as a missionary, and as a disciple of Christ. In this area I learned a lot about Christ-like service, and loved every minute of our wonderful crazy mandarin branch. It was somewhere where I truly saw the missionaries efforts really make a difference in the feel and happiness of the branch. It is truly a rewarding work. Our investigator, Guo dx got baptized on Sunday!! I was unable to be there :( but I am so happy with his desire and commitment, I will be sure to be keeping tabs on him throughout my mission and life. He is an amazing man! I feel like I left Kowloon at an amazing time for the area, we were just on fire! But I know the Lord has great plans for me in Sham Shui Po! 

My new companion is Elder Hui and temporarily Elder Ng, we are the Assistants to President Lam which is really exciting but really stressful at the same time.  On my first day in the field, Elder Hui and I went finding and teaching together, he is a great Elder and I respect him a lot. Very diligent, focused, and driven, we already have a great relationship!  It is a great service opportunity, very overwhelming and humbling, but I am happy to be a tool of the Lord in this mission.  Fun fact, Elder Ng is the grandson of the first temple president in Hong Kong, who is also a great family friend of ours, and is also probably my long lost relative because we have the same chinese xing and his family comes from the same small village of Tai Shan in Guang Dong!
Elder Ng, Elder Hui and Elder Woolley in the Mission Office


Earlier this week after my first day of training and I was pretty tired and stressed with it all, when we got a call from President Lam who asked us to attend a function in one of the wards. When we got there, we learned that it was a function for all of the members of the original Tsim Sha Tsui Branch, which my grandpa was the president of back in the day. It was so amazing to see all these powerful and wonderful saints, it was very moving to meet them. We talked to them, shared some testimonies, and they talked all about our family and little baby Ming Ju (my mom) haha it was a touching experience and a blessing to be a part of it. It helped me pull my head out of myself and see all my weaknesses and all the stresses of the recent changes, and helped me remember again that this work is about the Lord, and Heavenly Father's children. We all need that perspective change, to lift our outlook to the higher plane. I'm glad Heavenly Father sends me so many reminders and opportunities to forget about myself, and lose myself completely in the cause of others, and He has certainly given me a great cause and opportunity now to do so. I can't wait to see where we go in our new area and investigators, and to serve the Hong Kong Mission! The Lord has much for me to learn!

Thank you everyone for the prayers and support, I truly feel the prayers of faith helping out over here, sorry this email is short, next one will be better :-) 

Looove,


Elder Wooolllleyyy

No comments:

Post a Comment