Mosiah 4:9-10

Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend. And again, believe that ye must repent of your sins and forsake them, and humble yourselves before God; and ask in sincerity of heart that he would forgive you; and now, if you believe all these things, see that you de them. Mosiah 4:9-10

Thursday, May 5, 2016

Transfers - week 38

Hello everyone!

I had a good last few days with Elder Graham and with Elder Shukis! I learned a lot from Elder Graham and his inquisitive nature. He is a great missionary and will do great things in the New Territories! I can already tell Elder Shukis and I are going to do great things together here in Kowloon! I am excited to work with him, it's odd being the Senior companion over someone who has much more experience then me, and is really humbling. I respect him a lot and look up to his enthusiasm, and he brought some great ideas with him from the New Territories that I am excited to put into action here. We are trying to get a comprehensive list of all the mainland members here in our area, and set up an outside activity to help them all get to know one another. We are hoping this will help with the smoothness of the branch split that is coming in the future. I have learned a lot from him already, I can only hope he is also learning from me. I'm really happy I have the opportunity to continue serving as District Leader, our district and branch have lots of potential and lots of work ahead, I'm happy to keep serving with all the missionaries. I know that we are going to have an amazing transfer.

Our investigators are starting to move along again, two of our baptismal dates got a lot more solid this week! We had an investigator who was about to drop us for his friends church (guo dx), but we had a powerful lesson with a strong member, and recommitted him to find an answer from the Book of Mormon first before he decides. He has a searching mindset so I know he will be able to get an answer from the Spirit. Our other baptismal date Chen Guo Wu was a bit of a miracle. We haven't been able to schedule him outside of just having him come to church, then he just called us up on Saturday and asked to meet that night! We had a great discussion that led to the Word of Wisdom. He originally believed its ok to do a little here and there, but after we taught the commandment, he instantly changed his mind. He said, if it's God's commandment, then it's right. I'll just quit it all. I was stunned by his faith! His faith is amazing, as is his willingness to change his lifestyle so quickly. I know he can be ready for his date in June.

I was reading about the barges of the Jaredites, and it reminded me of our testimonies. If they are tight like a dish, then we won't sink when the waves that are sent are way crash over us. But if we let doubts or worries start to make wholes in that barge, then we start to fill with the waters of doubt, and sink. But if we have faith, then we can have light continuously within us, just as the Jaredites. I learned a great lesson of faith from these things this week.

I'm excited for our areas potential!
I don't have much time this week, but I'll have more for next time!

Love you all!
Elder Woolley :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment