Mosiah 4:9-10

Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend. And again, believe that ye must repent of your sins and forsake them, and humble yourselves before God; and ask in sincerity of heart that he would forgive you; and now, if you believe all these things, see that you de them. Mosiah 4:9-10

Tuesday, May 31, 2016

3 Moments - week 42

HELLOO
I don't have much time this week so I will be brief and share a few highlights. 

We had a week packed with great meetings, we had Zone Conference with the Hong Kong Island Zone and recieved great trainings from our mission leadership, I had the privilege in assisting a bunch of people visiting from mainland which is the biggest blessing, and one of the most life changing things I get to be a part of, and we had our first branch acitivty! We all went to Sai Kung (Xi Gong) together! It was really fun, helped us strengthen our relationships with the branch, and helped me really feel charity for them all. I know our district has prayed and worked and put our whole souls into helping this little branch grow, and it made my heart so happy to see them all enjoying themselves together, like a family.

I'll share three quick powerful moments from the week. we were visiting our investigator Chen Dx, I sent pics last week, and have been focusing on helping have a clear understanding of his relationship with God. Somehow the topic of forgiveness came up, and soon we were able to fully hear the depths of this mans tragic life, I was shocked at the horrible wrongs he has had in his life, including his children being killed and other family leaving him. He was completely alone. For a moment I thought, how can I talk to this man about forgiving others, I can't even begin to comprehend how hard it would be to forgive those who had done so much wrong. And then we felt moved upon by the Spirit, it is not me asking for him to forgive, but He who's name I wear everday, our Savior Jesus Christ, who on the cross said, forgive them Father, for they know not what they do. The selflessness of Jesus Christ is unimaginable, but I knew as we bore testimony that if Chen would just let it go, give it to Christ, that Christ would truly heal his Soul, which has been scarred and rent for decades. The Spirit was powerful, we were all moved, and I pray that he can have power to overcome and allow himself to be healed. I know that forgiving others heals us.

Another moment was from a women from mainland, I didn't get to interview her, but listened to her testimony after she was baptized. She had a very hard life, not very much money, lots of sadness in her family, and a feeling of emptiness and confusion for a long time. When she heard the gospel she accepted it immediately, and prepared for baptism. She described how clean she felt, as she talked again the Spirit bore witness to me that that is why I am here. To forget all myself, the heat, the rejection, tiredness, everything, becuase helping people like her, that it was it's all about. My testimony of the real power of baptismal covenants grew from her.

Lastly, my companion and I got to teach young mens young womens combined on Sunday, and at the end we all went around and shared how th gospel has blessed our families. As they went around I was amazed when I realized that every single one of them are the only ones who come to church from their families, who are all either none members, or less active. I was amazed at the faith, courage, and desire in all of them. They all said such simple things, like it makes us happy, makes me want to share it, gives me purpose, helps me when I'm lonely etc, but the Spirit magnified their words to me, and I was again reminded of how precious the Gift of the Holy Ghost is, that it has touched and continues to guide, aid, and comfort those amazing young men and young women every day, giving the strength to come every week regardless of everything else in life. 

I love our little branch, it's amazing to be in a branch that is 90% converts, they are all so powerful, every week I am so impressed by their testimony, spirit, and fortitude. Each one of them has an amazing story. The work is moving forward, it is not slow no matter how it may seem at the moment. When my Grandparents were first joining the church here, there were only a hundred or so members in Hong Kong at the most. Now Hong Kong will be having a stake spilt, from 4 stakes to 6 stakes with thousands of amazing members! It is an amazing and historic time to be here. The work is moving along!

Love you all!

Elder Woolley

No comments:

Post a Comment