Mosiah 4:9-10

Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend. And again, believe that ye must repent of your sins and forsake them, and humble yourselves before God; and ask in sincerity of heart that he would forgive you; and now, if you believe all these things, see that you de them. Mosiah 4:9-10

Friday, March 17, 2017

Work on the Island - week 83

Hello All!!

We had another great week! I have really enjoyed my time on the Island so far! It has been great to truly feel and see blessings coming daily from the Lord, especially into the little and wonderful branch Victoria 3rd. What a wonderful branch, I look forward to every Sunday, sitting with the members and partaking of the sacrament together. I often reflect on how far the branch has come, I am so proud to see our great converts blessing and passing the sacred emblems. It just fills me with joy to see them all progressing and learning. Victoria 3rd branch is truly a special place, built on the shoulders of some truly amazing converts. I love seeing a branch made up almost entirely of first generation members grow and thrive in the gospel. I also love serving with a recent convert, for the second time in my mission. It is always fun listening to him share what he has learned in his studies every day, I am impressed by Elder Garcia's desire to learn and grow, he is a good missionary. Truly the promise is real, if we obey the commandments, we prosper! There was another branch this week in Vic 3, Vivian, a woman from Beijing who walked in to the Wan Chai chapel a few months ago after having a feeling that she needed to go in. God is a God of miracles, and miracles certainly haven't stopped today!

Zhao jm is going to make her baptism without a doubt. She is so excited and more prepared then almost anyone I have ever met. She is eager to learn and do the right thing. She is always saying I hope... I hope.. She is so hopeful and trusting! We gave her Uchtdorf's talk 4th flour last door to read. It is an excellent talk and such a true principle. I can't wait for her baptism! Livia was confirmed at church on Sunday, it was a great moment, she was so excited and happy, it has been so fun to see so many people making the changes necessary and coming unto Christ. It is the best work! 

We had a particularly difficult lesson with one of our great potentials May. Originally we had planned to share about the Book of Mormon, but as we started talking with her it became clear that that was not the message that she needed. She vented on some very complicated personal and work matters involving some friends and betrayals at her previous company etc etc and again we were in the position that we have been in so many times in the mission where we have absolutely no personal experience to rely on, and are forced to full rely on the Spirit (as we should be doing every time anyways), and must trust and know in our hearts that the Savior truly understands us all in the most complicated, as well as the most simple of problems. So we were praying to know what to say and it was amazing that immediately a scripture and mormon message popped into mind, so we shared them both, testified our hearts out, and listened. She was touched, and said that strangely she had a thought of what she needs to do while she was listening to us. It is sad to see this situation really just affect her, she is a great person and we are praying that things will work out and that she will not have to return to Beijing. I am grateful for the direction of the Spirit. Again, I was reminded of how deeply grateful I am to have the Gospel in my life, and to have the eternal perspective and peace. And to know truly that there is a Savior who has done so much for me and even understands the hardships I go through, that testimony and knowledge is something that I wish everyone would have! These types of trials are just so hard for people that don't have the higher perspective, I have seen them just topple people's lives and budding testimonies,not to downplay the difficulty of the trial, but to have the faith and belief strong enough to truly have the rock of a foundation, regardless of what is or is not happening in life is a gift. I hope to be that way whenever hard times find me. 

That is why it is so important to have hope!  I have been thinking about that Christ-like attribute - hope.  Zhao jm is a great example to me of hope, she has yet to fully receive what she wants/is searching and asking for, yet she is filled with hope!  I love the scripture, "Now the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that ye may abound in hope, through the power of the Holy Ghost." (Rom 15:13)  He is the God of Hope, and wants us to have peace in believing, not negativity, doubt or fear.  Why not hope and trust and have peace in what we believe to be true, then "plow in hope; and that he that thresheth in hope should be partaker of his hope." (1Cor 9:10). I love being around people who are filled with hope, and love reading and studying praying because it always gives me hope and faith in the promises of God, and that one day they will be fulfilled. It can be easy to lose hope, and we meet people everyday who have either lost hope, or have never had hope in anything. A great part of being missionary is giving people hope in something, something that they never had considered was possible, seeing them "plow in hope" and eventually receive and increase of faith, happiness, and peace from the God of Hope.


I love the work, and look forward with hope for this week!!

Love,
Elder Woolley

Elder Clegg's birthday -we took him to the only mexican restaurant in town

Filipina sisters - they know Grandma and Grandpa Woolley


HK Central

No comments:

Post a Comment