Mosiah 4:9-10

Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend. And again, believe that ye must repent of your sins and forsake them, and humble yourselves before God; and ask in sincerity of heart that he would forgive you; and now, if you believe all these things, see that you de them. Mosiah 4:9-10

Tuesday, January 17, 2017

Goodbye Elder Sy - week 75

HELLOO

We had a crazy week last week, I'm pretty sure I gained like 20lbs with all the chengouts from members and investigators, it was ridiculous. I really felt the love from the members and investigators, it was a great opportunity to keep getting to know all of them for Elder Sy's last week. It was sad to say bye to him, he is one of my best friends in the field, and is really an excellent missionary. Very humble and faithful, he influenced me a lot in our time together! It was really good to meet with so many members and investigators as well as formers. Everyone is doing well and slowly progressing, every Sunday I am always so proud of Vic 3, so happy that I have been able to be in this awesome branch. There is so much work to do and so many service opportunities here! They have come a long way, and I am so proud of all the members! The work is really progressing miraculously well, we have so many potentials and people to work with, we just really need to slow down and organize, and then keep cranking out the work! Elder Stratford is also a fantastic missionary, very Christlike, humble, and has great integrity. I have been really blessed with great companions. I like listening to him share about what he learns in studies, he shares with excitement and I am always reminded of things I need to study/work on.

One of our new investigators, Patrick, is really coming along. He had a very interesting comment the other day about why he believes in the concept of a soul. He is a musician so it's fun to talk to him about music, he says when he plays really good music, it touches him in a hard to describe way, and seems to communicate with him. Even though it is not something that the body physically needs, it still is 'nourishing' to him. Interesting. I also really know that the song of the righteous is a prayer, and that music is a great way to feel the Spirit. I am always touched by great and beautiful music, it is a wonderful and inspired art. Patrick is a great investigator, he asks many good and deep questions about the purpose of life, and it's great to see the the gospel fill those holes in his understanding of life, expand his perspective a little, and lift his Spirits. The Plan of Redemption really is great knowledge.

This week I met an amazing family from *** China! (I'm not allowed to speicifically say which province) They are the coolest people. The mother went on a business trip to Korea, met the missionaries, and was baptized in one day there before coming back home. After a short time, she flew her son to Beijing to be baptized there (which is allowed because they are direct family) and then he went on to serve a mission. He just returned and the whole family flew down to baptize his aunts. They are the only members in their area, and are real pioneers! They are starting their own group, it's just amazing to see the faith and sacrifice. I had an interview with one of the aunts, and I was blown away by her faith in Christ, and desire to bring the Gospel to her family. It was simply amazing, and a blessing to witness and be part of the first members there. It is also really amazing to see how God prepares His children, and how He really is in charge of the work.I really can't say enough good things about them, I learned so much, and was really moved by their simple faith and desire. I know they have been prepared by the hand of God to found the church in their area. It is an amazing work to be part of, and it really my perspective as well to see all the work and miracles that are part of establishing the church.

I have thought a lot about sacrifice this week, I was reading in the Bible, and thought of how Peter and the apostles fell asleep as Christ was not far away, suffering and completing the most glorious, yet most difficult event in history. He said to them, "What, could ye not watch with me one hour?" They couldn't sacrifice that one hour of sleep, just to watch with the Lord? Sometimes I think there are lots of similar small sacrifices that we are asked to make as we strive to follow the Savior that we find difficult to make. But can we not just watch with the Lord, and participate in the great work of spreading the message of his atonement for the one hour that is this mission, or the short time we have on Earth? I really respect and admire the Pioneers for their faithful and willing sacrifice, I am always moved by them, as well as all the modern day pioneers I have been blessed to meet from China. I am grateful for the Savior's sacrifice, and hope that I can continue to sacrifice more for Him and for the work. I have always found that anything that seems to be a sacrifice at the moment, is always really a privilege to pay in retrospect.

Love you all!


Elder Woolley
Restaurant on an overpass with CHen Guo Wu!



Me with Shirley! Our investigators little girl, so 可愛!

Dinner with the great YSA men! (also Alan was in town from Cornell)

The family from China! 
dessert with winnie!
Beautiful Kowloon Tong!


Moving an apartment in Chai Wan


No comments:

Post a Comment