Mosiah 4:9-10

Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend. And again, believe that ye must repent of your sins and forsake them, and humble yourselves before God; and ask in sincerity of heart that he would forgive you; and now, if you believe all these things, see that you de them. Mosiah 4:9-10

Thursday, December 22, 2016

Blessed to be serving - week 71

Hello!
We had a fantastic week this week! We were so blessed!
Kowloon continues to be an awesome and flourishing area, Elder Sy and I are blessed to be serving here. I can feel the Lord pushing his work forward in the area as we prepare for some big changes in the future!

Chen Guo Wu got baptized this Sunday!! We were a little worried because we hadn't been able to meet with him the week before, but we decided to have faith and not doubt him, and when we met with him, he was so prepared! His baptism went smoothly, and his testimony was simple yet powerful. He is an amazing man. He has had a really crazy and hard life, lots of tragedies and difficult situations, and it has been amazing to seem him really change so much since I first met him almost a year ago. I am seriously so blessed! I started teaching him with Elder Grayam last January, when I left for Shum Shui Po he went back to mainland, and when I came back to Kowloon Mandarin we were able to help him make the last couple steps. It has been amazing seeing him grow! We found him through a 10 year old record we found in an old area book and decided to give him a call. The fact that we found the record and that his phone number was still the same was a miracle! And us calling him formed the base of his testimony; that throughout all the things that had happened in his life for those 10 years without missionary contact, God had not forgotten him. He really felt that God truly is his Father in Heaven, and that Jesus Christ is his Savior. And so he changed, from the bitter, angry, and sad man that I met a year ago, to the smiling, emotional, filled with light man that we baptized this Sunday! It reminds me a lot of the verses in DC 50:24 - "That which is of God is light; and he that receiveth light, and continueth in God, receiveth more light; and that light groweth brighter and brighter until the perfect day." He has really come out of a dark place, and the gospel has filled him with light. I love how the gospel fills us with light, it's an inexplicable feeling, but it is real. I look forward to his confirmation on Christmas!




The Light the World campaign is going well in the mission too, everyone is just getting out and serving. We have been blessed with lots of service opportunities this week, which are pretty rare in Hong Kong for some reason. But we got to help some people move stuff to a bunch of members houses! Got some good referrals out of it too. We're always blessed when we do service.

I am enjoying the Christmas season of course, it has been great showing everyone messages about the birth of Christ, there's nothing quite like the special Christmas Spirit, it has touched many of our investigators members hearts. I love hearing Chen Dx share his story with the branch, it is amazing that no matter how far we wander, or how long we are away from the light, for 5, 10, 20 years or even a lifetime, God will never ever forget us, and has sent His Son for every single one of us. I love the last verse of the Hymn O little Town of Bethlehem :

"How silently, how silently
The wondrous gift is giv'n!
So God imparts to human hearts
The blessings of his heav'n.
No ear may hear his coming;
But in this world of sin,
Where meek souls will receive him, still
The dear Christ enters in."

The Savior entered the world so humbly not a soul noticed save a few. He enters our hearts in the same way, nothing flashy or extreme, but with the still small voice of the Spirit. I hope in this Christmas season and for the rest of my life, I can always have room in my inn for Christ to enter. It has been amazing to see people open their hearts to him and see the changes he has brought about. I am excited to keep serving the Lord for these last 6 months of my mission, I trust he has lots of work left for me to do!
Can't wait to talk to my family :-)

Have a Merry Christmas! 聖誕節快樂!

Elder Woolley

胡長老

P-day Hike





No comments:

Post a Comment