Mosiah 4:9-10

Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend. And again, believe that ye must repent of your sins and forsake them, and humble yourselves before God; and ask in sincerity of heart that he would forgive you; and now, if you believe all these things, see that you de them. Mosiah 4:9-10

Sunday, October 30, 2016

Temple Day - week 63

Helloo everyone!

Sorry it has been so long, our Pday got moved to today for temple day!! (10/27)

Last week was awesome! One of the greatest weeks of the mission. We had a mission tour with Elder Wong, and he is awesome, one of the best teachers I have ever seen! The tour was interrupted by typhoon Haima, but it only pushed everything back one day. I can't remember the last time I saw wind that strong, it was pretty fun! I was blessed to attend each day of the tour, and I learned so much from him! I felt quite inspired by a lot of the things he said and taught us, I can't wait to apply all of it and keep pushing the mission here in Hong Kong forward! 

One of my favorite things that he told us in a leadership training was about desire. He said that the most important thing that a leader can have is a desire to serve Jesus Christ. If we really have a desire, the qualifications come, he qualifies us to do whatever he calls us to. He shared a story about a couple that was really struggling on their mission and having medical issues as well, but because they truly desired to serve, they were qualified, and served successfully. I felt my own desire grow, and it continues to grow the longer I am here. I just want to serve him with all I've got for these last 8 months!

Elder Sy and I are having a great time serving together in Shum Shui Po, I really love the ward. They are a great ward, and are so loving to us missionaries! They feed us way too much haha. I have loved watching how well they have fellowshipped the less active members. We almost don't have to do anything, which is how it should be. Whenever they show up, the members (for the most part) welcome them back and take them in. I am especially impressed with how they have all come together to help Chen hd, who is currently suffering from some severe cancer in his gums. They are just all taking care of the family, it is wonderful to see.  I am also impressed with the Bishop. He is a good man.  The other week we had a bunch of members here from Mongolia visiting, it was almost impossible to communicate with them. One of them had recently had a stroke, and couldn't use his arm, he was asking for the help of a doctor with it, and our Bishop, who is a doctor, offered it all for free. So the next p day we took the Mongolian member over to our bishop's office. It was wonderful to see his act of service, and the Mongolian member was emotional after the visit. Our Bishop told him, you don't need to thank me, we are brothers. Even though he didn't understand what he said, I'm sure that he felt the love and charity from our Bishop. What a great example of christ-like love and service. We are all brothers and sisters, children of Heavenly Father, and the mission has been teaching me to always treat others that way.

We were teaching a lesson together this last week to a woman who stopped by from Beijing. She was asking lots of great questions about the church, Christ, baptism etc. Then she asked us why we believe, why we decided to go on a mission etc. Elder Sy began to share his own personal conversion, as he shared I pondered upon my own beginnings of testimony, and suddenly I saw and felt clearly who I was 2-3 years ago, and what Elder Sy was like as he was sharing his story. I saw the change that we have gone through, I felt moved to realize where I am now and who I am now. I really felt how amazing the Atonement and this gospel are, that it can take these high school and college boys and turn them into the Lord's missionaries, who have true testimonies, a strong understanding of the doctrine of Christ, and who truly love the Lord. I am ever so grateful for the blessings of this mission. I am trying my best to be the Lord's missionary, to do the work and to serve him. I desire to do so with all my heart, and I know that the work we do here is his. I also know that the Gospel can take any normal person's life and heart, and fill it to the brim with blessings and happiness that they have never before experienced, and can't understand until they have tried. God is always waiting for us to try.

I wish I could write more but I gotta run, love you all and thanks for the support and prayers! 

Elder Woolley

胡長老

Weird snap chat filter?!

Ryan and his former trainer, Elder Sy
Lunch after temple day


No comments:

Post a Comment