Mosiah 4:9-10

Believe in God; believe that he is, and that he created all things, both in heaven and in earth; believe that he has all wisdom, and all power, both in heaven and in earth; believe that man doth not comprehend all the things which the Lord can comprehend. And again, believe that ye must repent of your sins and forsake them, and humble yourselves before God; and ask in sincerity of heart that he would forgive you; and now, if you believe all these things, see that you de them. Mosiah 4:9-10

Monday, September 26, 2016

It's always nice to be listened to...week 59

HELLOOOO

Good morning everybody! I don't have too much time today so I will have to be brief!  Our work in Shum Shui Po is going well, I am honestly amazed at the blessings of the Lord, people just seem to coming out of no where, and the ward is starting to get excited which is awesome. Working with the members is always the best way, and our ward is starting to get on board with the work! We are looking for ways to continue to serve and get to know them. My companion and I are doing great as well, I have been blessed on my mission with a bunch of great and experienced companions, and  I feel that I learn lots of things form each of them.  I had some amazing moments this week, and for some reason most of them happened to be over the phone.

I had a feeling last week, on Tuesday, to call through some names that we had contacted a while ago, but the time didn't quite fit into our schedule. But I kept having a nagging thought that we had to call them. So we called them, and none of them answered until someone named Shuie. She answered and we had a little chat, and I asked about her work, and all of a sudden she just went off about her work, she had literally just quit her job minutes before we called, her family life problems and a bunch of other stuff. I just listened for around 10 minutes. She began to cry and say how tired she was, that life was just wearing her down. At that moment I felt prompted to bear testimony to her of God and His son Jesus Christ. It was one of the strongest feelings of the Spirit I have felt, and it was just over the phone, yet I know I was guided to say the words that left my mouth. I could literally feel the Spirit helping to her through the phone. She was quiet after, then thanked me for listening. She then said she wanted to meet with us again, and learn about God. I know we were led to call her at that very moment when she had the greatest need. It is a blessing to be the answer to the heavenward cries of help that people unknowingly send. We had a wonderful lesson with her a few days after. She is someone who's life aches for the healing and nurturing of the gospel. I am so happy to be able to help her access it.

The other experience I had was similar in a way. Without going into any details, there was a missionary with a problem, and President Lam referred him to call us. I felt the Spirit directing our conversation with him, and I knew as well that what we said was from Heavenly Father to one of His struggling children. It is amazing to be a part of.

I have learned a lot this week about the power of listening. There were many times when I listened and prayed for the person and pleaded to know what to say or do to best help them, and I continually felt an answer of, peace, just listen. And I would listen with all my heart, and again found the promise of the scriptures true, after I listened to them and the Spirit, when I opened my mouth, it was filled. Our words became His words, or counsel, His, our lessons and messages His as well. There is no greater feeling than teaching someone and knowing that Heavenly Father keeps his promises and touches those we teach. 

I also had a wonderful interview this last week with President Lam. Even though we work with him all the time, it was nice to sit down, and talk. After a little bit he said, Elder Woolley I just want to talk about you. Then he asked all about me, my family etc. It was really nice and refreshing to talk and feel the genuine love and care, especially after all the listening from the week haha. It's always nice to be listened to. In his closing prayer he said something that stuck out to me, he said something along the lines of Heavenly Father accepting my offering of sacrifice and service despite my imperfections. That is a great principle, I think sometimes myself and others often think what we offer is not enough, or get bogged down by imperfections, being busy, forgetful, or just because of the weakness that is innately part of our nature, but as we are truly trying our best, thrusting in the sickle with all of our might, mind, and strength, it is enough. Heavenly Father will always accept the offer despite our weakness. "We don't need to be 'more' of anything to start becoming the person God intended us to become."

I am grateful for a merciful, understanding, and loving Savior.

Love you all!


Elder Woolley

No comments:

Post a Comment